The Appmixer Studio is not only about flows and accounts. One of the features that make your life easier is Data storage. Data storage is, as the name suggests, a way to store data inside Appmixer using the Key-Value database (it's like a table with two columns, key and value).
Data storage lives in the Appmixer Studio under the "Storage" tab.
Access the Data store in the Appmixer Studio
By default, you can use the already-created "Default store". In our example, we store Order IDs and Order Values in the store.
Data storage example storing Order IDs and Values
It's important to note that Data storage is represented by the "Storage" utility module in the flow builder. The components in this module allow you to use triggers like:
- OnItemAdded that triggers every time a new item is added to the data storage,
- OnItemRemoved that triggers every time an item is removed from the data storage,
- OnItemUpdated that triggers every time an item is updated in the data storage,
or actions like:
- Clear that clears the entire data storage,
- Find that helps you find values in data storage based on a Key text pattern,
- Get that helps you get a value from data storage, and use it further in your flow,
- Remove that removes a value in data storage,
- Set that sets a new value in a data storage.
Using Data storage modul in a flow
In the next sections, we will show you how to create and edit data storage, and how to use it in a flow.